Thomas P. Busch - Shareholder
Tom graduated cum laude from the University of Portland in 1983 and received his J.D. from Northwestern Law School of Lewis and Clark College in 1987. He became a member of the Oregon State Bar in 1988 and began his career representing claimants and plaintiffs in workers' compensation claims and civil litigation. Joining the firm in 1995, Tom expanded his practice of representing insurers, employers and self-insured employers in workers' compensation and employment matters, including civil litigation before the U.S. District Court. Tom has also taken referrals from the Oregon State Bar regarding the unlawful practice of law and various disciplinary matters.
Tom has frequently offered presentations to industry groups as to effective claim management, with his most recent conference addressing the interaction of medical marijuana as compensable treatment under the Oregon Workers' Compensation Act.
In his free time, Tom enjoys spending time with family and friends, riding his bike and playing golf.
- Oregon State Bar, 1988
- Federal Bar, U.S. District Court, District of Oregon, 1993
- Oregon Workers' Compensation Defense
- Labor and Employment Defense
- Northwestern School of Law, Lewis & Clark College, J.D., 1987
- University of Portland, Cum Laude, B.A., Psychology and Sociology, 1983
Professional Involvement & Presentations:
- Speaker - Numerous Conferences & Educational Workshops